We are not for profit; our dream is for ALL children in our communities to receive a high standard of early childhood education and for all children to start school with good level of education, confidence, self-identity and culture.
While our services cater well for the full social economic range of our community, our ECE divisions remain not for profit. The values and beliefs of their origins also remain the same:
- – To provide every child an opportunity for early childhood learning so all children can start school with an equal level of education
- – To value parents and whānau involvement, recognising parents as first teachers
- – To embrace our bicultural curriculum and the principles of Kotahitanga; Whakamana; Whānau Tangata and Ngā Hononga
- – To ensure our practices are inclusive of Māori and acknowledge the different cultures of the families participating in our services
- – To provide environments that are nurturing, friendly, safe and secure
- – To provide holistic programmes that offers routines which are flexible; experiences which are varied and challenging; and opportunities for exploration and thinking
- – To recognise and support children as individuals and foster self-esteem
- – To reflect, report, document, assess, review and evaluate what we do to achieve best practices
Any surpluses made in our ECE divisions go back into Napier Family Centre to support families in our communities.